Sunday, February 7, 2021

Distractions during the Pre-game Show

The eyes are photon receivers. They are far more intricate and advanced than man-made photon receivers, but they do not emit any kind of energy back out into the realm from which the photons were received. While they may shoot daggers figuratively, the eyes do not shoot ray-beams or lightning bolts or photons or electrons. They can't fry enemies or disintegrate obstacles. There are no known emissions from the eye. The human eye, much like the man-made photon receivers, convert one form of energy, light, into another, electricity, and send that minute signal to a processing center like a brain or a computer processor.

Why then can I tell when someone is watching me if they aren’t transmitting any known form of energy? What triggers my alarm? What activity, as yet undefinable, occurs that is not simply an abstract anomaly. I know I am not alone in having experienced this phenomena known as “gaze detection” or “gaze perception.”

More than once I have had the overwhelming feeling, an undefinable sense perhaps, of being watched. I knew exactly where to look to see who, or what, was staring at me. Once it was a dog, so I know the phenomena isn’t strictly limited to Homo Sapiens.

But what is it? What makes my senses so acute I actually look around to see who is looking at me? Do I subliminally feel my natural electrical/electromagnetic field, known as the Torus Energy Pattern, being attached, read, siphoned or even drained by an incredibly powerful receiver that is consuming or transferring my own energy away from me toward a given locus being the receiver staring at me? What in my unused or under-developed senses and capabilities allows me to detect the anomaly of my environment, whatever it is? What do the eyes really see and do?

Obviously there is more than simple vision, the process of defining light and sending the image to the brain involved, but what is it? The phenomena is and has been the subject of neurological studies for many years. According to an article by Phillip Perry, published in BigThink.com, Scientists have postulated a complex neural network is behind gaze detection. “So far,” he continues, “the neural network in humans remains unidentified.” He suggests the part of the brain known as the amygdala, which registers threats, “must be involved with gaze detection somehow.”

Oddly enough, studies have shown Macaque monkeys have been brain-mapped for gaze detection to within a few specific brain cells. The fact I find most engaging is the feeling of being watched dissipates when the gaze of the watcher is diverted by only a few degrees! The same symptom of turning a directional microphone away from the source of a sound. Some studies allude to peripheral vision, or watching other’s eyes, but none of this applies to my experiences. Some studies state we are “hard-wired” to assume someone is staring from behind. Again, not something that applies to me as I don’t really care who stares at me from behind. And again, I have never looked behind me to see if anyone is staring if I didn’t have the feeling to start with. Have there been times I was watched but didn’t feel the phenomena? Entirely possible, but I will never know because, obviously, I didn’t have a need to look so I didn’t!

So I persist with my question, why do I feel when someone is staring at me from behind. What physical conditions exist to create the phenomena?

Aah, the things I write while waiting for the Super Bowl.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Donald Trump: Mythical White Knight on the Dark Horse of Hypocrisy

[In his highly publicized, and criticized, campaign, Donald Trump has ignited a firestorm of world-wide controversy.  I wrote this in Dec...