Sunday, June 20, 2021

Wait...


I hope I don’t antagonize my Christian friends by posting this blog… Wait a minute! Why am I apologizing? I have freedom of religion. I don’t have to be a Christian to be an American, or even an equal in the eyes of any supreme being! The Spanish no longer threaten me with a sword or the Puritans with a bonfire: Believe in our God or we will kill you. Those days are long gone. Yet I feel like an outcast in our social circles because I don’t believe any two thousand year old stories from the Middle East. None of them.

The basic humanistic concepts of Christianity are marvelous. Consider the “Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” However, I have Christian friends who shun me because I support the President of the United States, Joe Biden, and his belief in the Constitution about Women’s Rights.

Let’s take the word “miracle.” The American news conglomerate CBS, Columbia Broadcasting System, recently used the word miracle twice in the same news story. “The miracle of medicine” was the one that caught my ear. Disavowing education and devotion to human endeavor, CBS assumed we are here only because of a “miracle.” I disagree. Human endeavor got us here.

Miracle might be described to human birth, were it not for the Christians who have managed to distort their definition of a “Christian birth.” Pity the poor life form that emerges from its mothers womb endowed with biological features that fall outside the Christian definitions of male or female. According to the UCLA School of Law, a MINIMUM of one million, four hundred thousand ADULT Americans are identified as transgender. According to my Christian friends, these people are apparently un-godly and deserve to be restricted from the rights bestowed on all other Americans. Again, I disagree.

Any human being born in America is an AMERICAN CITIZEN, bestowed with inalienable rights of every American! Every American is endowed with the same citizenship! There are no religious castes in the United States of America!

It is easy to see why religion in America, and in the world overall, is becoming unpopular and receding. I no longer apologize for not being part of it. I am not a Christian. I am a Humanist.

Two thousand year old fables versus our Constitution? The choice for me is easy.


George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Donald Trump: Mythical White Knight on the Dark Horse of Hypocrisy

[In his highly publicized, and criticized, campaign, Donald Trump has ignited a firestorm of world-wide controversy.  I wrote this in Dec...